E-Courses from Legal Office Guru
Legal Office Guru offers online courses in Microsoft Office especially for lawyers and other legal professionals. Get more in-depth learning from Legal Office Guru by signing up for a course today!
If you’re required to use pleading paper (hello, California!), you’ve been especially let down by Microsoft. Whatever happened to that easy interactive wizard? It’s GONE. The bad news is, I can’t bring that back. The good news is, I can teach you how to successfully work with Word’s pleading paper templates (and even make your own custom template)! This course is offered as a “pick your own price” offering – you tell me what you think is a fair price, and that’s all you’ll have to pay at checkout.
- Where to find ready-made pleading paper templates (Microsoft is NOT always the best source!)
- The two different kinds of pleading paper formats, and which to use when
- How to modify a standard template without creating a mess
- Those vertical lines: how to get them placed just so
- These things have WHAT kind of tabs? (Don't worry, I'll explain it!)
- Doing the math to get text and numbers aligned perfectly
The Efficient Lawyer's Guide to Word
Want to save time and frustration in Microsoft Word? Still struggling to make the transition from WordPerfect? This course is custom-designed for the legal professional, whether you’ve just begun working in Microsoft Word or are looking for more advanced skills. Soon, you’ll be proficient enough to produce a Word document from start to finish! Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Understanding the Microsoft Word Ribbon interface
- Using Navigation and Views to customize your Word experience
- Creating, saving, opening and editing documents
- Character/font, paragraph, page and document formatting
- Finishing and printing your document (including getting rid of metadata)
- Formatting and printing envelopes & labels
- Everything you need to get started using Microsoft Word!
Assemble Documents Faster
If you’ve got text or formats you use over and over again, you can’t afford NOT to use three Microsoft Word features: Quick Parts, AutoText, and Templates. Leveraging these features in everyday work can help you get documents (and you!) out the door faster! This course will give you an overview of each feature, such as:
- Quick Parts: Saving boilerplate text
- Quick Parts versus AutoText: When to use one versus the other
- Building reusable headers, footers, and watermarks
- Creative uses for auto-updating dates in Quick Parts
- Autonumbering discovery, affirmative defenses, and other headings
- How to build your own time-saving templates
- And much more!